Meet the Town Manager
About Amanda DeGan
Amanda DeGan began serving as Westlake's Town Manager in February of 2019, previously aiding the community in various positions since 2001. She has spent the last 20+ years in local government and public service, bringing extensive experience in organizational development, governmental leadership, budgeting, strategic planning, and management.
She values the opportunity to work with others to create an inclusive community and exceptional living experience for the residents and believes that education is vital to our future success – be it in the oversight of the Town-owned charter school or through professional development for the staff teams.
“My vision for Westlake is to ensure this community is relevant and vibrant in 100 years. I want to make sure Westlake is always distinctive and is service-driven.” - Amanda DeGan
Education and Professional Memberships
- Master Degree – Public Administration
- Bachelor Degree – Political Science
- Credentialed Manager – International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- Pi Alpha Alpha – MPA Honor Society
- Senior Executive Institute – Weldon Cooper School of Public Service
- Leading, Educating and Developing (LEAD) – Weldon Cooper School of Public Service
- Member, ICMA
- Member, Texas City Management Association
- Member, American Society for Public Administration (ASPA)
Academic Administration - Westlake Academy
As town manager, Mrs. DeGan also serves as the superintendent of Westlake Academy. The only municipally owned, open-enrollment charter school in the State of Texas. With respect to these duties, she coordinates the efforts of the academy principals and administrative staff to provide a unique and highly sought after International Baccalaureate education for the students of Westlake and our surrounding communities.